Friday, June 09, 2006

To Jaye Wells, Written With Love by Puddle

Idea from: Jaye Wells - Humans born with tails...

"My baby! When's the due date?" Robert asked when he heard the good news.

"June 24th. It's to be a boy. What shall we name him? I'm thinking Michael." The newlyweds discussed the matter some more and decided on Brian Michael.

The due date drew near and the baby's room was nicely decorated with green and blue paint. Parties were planned and relatives arrived. In just a few days, newlyweds, Robert and Jaye, would have a healthy baby boy.

On June 22th, Jaye's water broke and she was rushed to the hospital. She had a fever, deadly to herself and her baby inside. On June 24th, Jaye's fever went down, but it was still harmful. Despite her illness, she gave birth to a brown eyed, almost bald baby boy.

He had a tail.

A long tail. A really long tail coming out of his lower back. Strangely, the hospital had many different clothes for children born with tails.


When the new family of three got home, many neighbours tackled them with odd questions. Their neighbour at number 17, asked if the baby was a dinosaur. Reporters came to ask if the family was willing to be interviewed. The couple talked it over and decided that would be fine. The family were on the local news, front page of Yahoo! and newspapers across Canada. A head line read: BABY BORN WITH TAIL. FATHER SCARED FOR HIS SAFETY, MOTHER THRILLED.

2 comments:

Jaye Wells said...

Thank you! I love it! I am honored that you wrote about me. And how did you know I was disappointed when my own baby boy was born without a tail?

Ginny Warth said...

I'm glad you liked it, Jaye Wells. I had fun writing it. How did I know? I have connections.