Tuesday, June 06, 2006

One Girl's Writing 2

Hey Everyone! I would like to thank all of those who have commented on my writing so far.

You know when your mind is blank and you don't have any ideas for a story or you think that story idea is dumb? Sometimes I need big help to think up a storm, so I am asking all of you if you have any ideas (even the dumb ones)to please use this spot to submit those ideas. I will pick one idea each week and write a story about it. You also can write a story plot if you wish.
Thank you all,
*Little Puddle*

6 comments:

Flood said...

1) Remind me to fix your clock on this thing.

2) What if you wrote about a crazy toy that came to life? (Like your brother's ambulance that time) OR about the grandfather clock OR about those footsteps we talked about the other night.

3)here is a link you are allowed to click: http://www.feath.com/idea/firstwords.htm

Mitch said...

Yes, everyone has times when they have no ideas, or no ideas that seem good. A movie I really like (Under the Tuscan Sun) says, "Bad ideas, don't you just love those?" It means all your ideas aren't bad, just that you're looking at them the wrong way. Sometimes you can take a "bad idea" and make something wonderful about it.

As for ideas - how about a pet tadpole who grows legs and runs away, but comes back because he realizes how much the girl missis him and wanted to see him all grown up.

Jaye Wells said...

Here are some "what if" questions that might spark something.

-What if people didn't have to go to school. How would our world be different?

-What if you wanted to break a world record for something? What would it be and how would you go about it?

-What if humans had tails?

Just a few random ones of the top of my head. Sometimes when I get stuck I ask myself "what if" and it gets my mind working creatively again.

Ginny Warth said...

Thank you for your comments. Mitch what you said was very wise. I think next time I have a bad idea, I will first try to think of a way to make it work, then go for help. Jaye Wells, the idea 'what if there were no school' reminded me of a story I'm reading in English class right now. It's about a girl, her brother and all other kids under the age of twelve who have no adults to rely on. It's a very good book, it's called 'THE GIRL WHO OWNED A CITY'. I think I may use your idea about humans having tails. Mother, I went to the link you said for me to go to and one idea was 'I wanted to laugh, but I didn't want to lose...' I wrote a story using that starting sentence and it will be posted as soon as possible. Thank you all again.

Ginny Warth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jaye Wells said...

LP,

That sounds like a good book. I'm glad you liked the tail idea. I thought it had some fun possibilities. Looking forward to reading more of your work.

P.S. You can just call me Jaye.