Here is a monologue I had to do for a drama class in 06...
Have you ever thought what it would be like with a new baby in the house? Well most of you probably have because most of you have younger siblings. But have you ever thought of a baby being three years old and coming into your family at that age? Well, I know I have. You all must be thinking ‘What is she talking about?’ Well I’m talking about adoption. You know, when a kid doesn’t have a mom and dad and they either live in an orphanage or foster care and the kid gets adopted into your family. Can you imagine how different life could be?
You would have to help your parents help the new kid get used to their rules, like saying ‘Yes please.’ and ‘No thank you.’. The new kid would get extra attention, your parents will once again have no time for you. All their time in the next year will be spent on the new one in the family.
Your parents will be buying her new dollies or they’ll be buying him new ‘Tractor Toms’. In the next year, you will become just a kid that is living in your house, not getting noticed.
Okay, so let's think about some of the good things about adopting a new kid into the family. If it’s a girl, you can dress her up and play with her hair. Hey, she’s your living life-sized doll. And if it’s a boy, all you guys can get him into the hockey thing and show him how to spike his hair just the right way. When your older, you can take them to ‘Rocking Johnny’s’ for a banana split, milk shake or onion rings. You can buy her new shoes with little pink bows. You can buy him is first ‘Hockey News’ magazine.
I just hope adopting a new kid into the family isn’t going to be as bad as I think it is. Hey, maybe she’ll be my mini me. How ever it turns out, please just pray that I won’t die in a pile of plastic dolls and pink shoes.
I got an A- on this! :)
Sunday, June 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment