The soft downfall of rain quickly turned into a storm. Chris knew where he was. He knew this area like the back of his hand. The problem was, he had no clue who Christopher Hensly was. He looked into the foggy, rainy distance and saw a light. He had never seen this light before."Chris? Christopher! Where are you?" a voice called in the distance, while trying to focus the flash light on the man.
Chris slowly walked over to the calm, but concerned voice.
"Who are you looking for?" he asked not knowing he was Chris.
"Chris!" said the girl, now very close to him.
"Okay. Um what does he look like?" The girl didn't hear the question and took his wrist and guided him to the car.
"Chris, where have you been? You just walked out without telling anyone. And worse, you have been missing for three days!" Now inside the warm car, Chris was confused.
"I have? Wait, who's Chris? And who are you?" Chris tried to search his memory, but there was nothing there.
"Chris, you don't remember me? It's Em? Come on, Chris. I'm taking you to a new home. A nice home. You will have friends there and lots of people will come a visit you, okay? You will be very, very happy. Trust me?" Chris waited a minute, then nodded his head. The two continued to drive.
Emily drove up to the laneway of a very fancy home. The was a slight shine in Chris' face. Emily knew that he would be happy.
Chris was greeted by a tall, fat lady and was brought up to his room. She was holding two dolls. The one in the orange jacket reminded Chris of Mr. Rogers. The other looked like a plain business man.
Chris began to act out a show with the two dolls.
"Hello children. We're going to have lots of fun today," he directed the Mr. Rogers doll. "Ding, Dong. Oh! That must be my special guest." Chris moved the doll's legs and hands to make it look like it was moving and about to open an invisible door.
Later that night, while Chris was laying in bed, he heard footsteps. He quickly pulled the blanket up close to his face, so only his eyes were exposed.
"Hell-hello?" he called.
"Ding-Dong! Ding Dong!" Someone was making the sound. To Chris, it sounded like Mr. Rogers.
"Who-who's the-the--re? Hello?" There were more foot steps and they seemed to be coming closer and closer to the mental patient. He called out once more.
Chris felt something crawling at his feet, up his body, then it sat on his chest. It was the Mr. Rogers doll and it was holding a fork.
"I want you to take this fork and go kill the tall, fat lady. She isn't going to treat you right so you better do it now before she hurts you. Go!" The doll dropped the fork on Chris' chest and slipped of the bed. "Go!"
Chris slowly got out of bed. If I don't do this, she or Mr. Rogers could kill me. But if I kill someone, I will get blamed for it. But I don't want to get killed by a doll or get treated meanly by a fat lady. Chris opened the door to his room and walked towards down hall to find his victim.
It was dark and Chris could hardly see. He saw a door that said HEAD OFFICIAL'S ROOM DO NOT DISTURB. Chris slowly turned the door knob and pulled the fork out of his pocket at the same time. The door creaked open and he slipped inside. She isn't going to treat you right, so you better do it before she hurts you. Chris repeated that in his head hundreds of times. He took baby steps towards a desk facing him. One step away and CREEK! The fat lady faced her patient. She stood and approached Chris.
"Chris! What are you doing?! You should be in bed. What are you doing with that fork?" The lady snatched the fork from him.
"You're not the fat lady that Mr. Rogers told me to kill. You're Emily!" Chris thought about what he just said. He knew that it wasn't the smart thing to say to some official. He knew now that he was doomed.
"You were going to kill the official? Chris..." Emily slowly backed up, "I'm calling the police. I'm sorry Chris, but I know you know better than to kill someone."
The police arrived very soon and Chris was taken away, just as he feared.
As for the doll, no one knows what happened to it. It could be in your room right now, just waiting to play.


5 comments:
Great story. Was a fun read. Poor Chris.
Oooh, chills, LP. Is horror your favorite genre? As soon as I can find the time, I've just got to get through your archives. Have you ever read any Edgar Allen Poe?
Thank you mom.
No, horror isn't my favourite genre. I've tried though, to write it I mean. I wasn't going for much of a horror theme, but I guess I guessed wrong. No, I haven't read any Edgar Allen Poe, but I thought that was for people with a higher knowledge, you know, I'm only 12.
Did you use the picture as inspiration? You did a very nice job constructing a story around it. Great imagination, LP! It will serve you well.
Re Edgar Allan Poe--it's up to you and your Mom, but you might enjoy reading "The Tell-Tale Heart." It's a great study in suspense and tension.
Thank you, Jason. I'll check out that Edgar Allen Poe story. And, yes, the picture was inspiration as well as someone I know.
Post a Comment