
Jordan had the biggest crush on Sue.
Sue almost hated Jordan.
One day, both of the students were at a public pool.
Jordan wanted to impress Sue, so he went over and asked a simple question that would prove himself.
"What should I do off the high board?"
Sue's friend suggested a flip, but Sue had something better in mind.
"You should do a flip, no, two flips and a belly flop." She and her friends giggled at the imaginary sight.
"Okay, okay, I'll do it. Two flips and a belly flop." Jordan walked to the high board. When to the top of the ladder, he saw Sue and her friends looking up. He began to run off the board.
And off the board he went. Sue was leaving! She had her back turned to him! Falling, falling. Jordan forgot to do the flips and he flopped hard onto the still water. Ouch.


1 comment:
Aaaaww. Poor Jordan. I think you really captured pre-teen-boy angst really well there, LP. Is there anyone in your life you'd like to impress that just can't be bothered? If I started making a list of those people in my life, we'd be here all night.
Post a Comment