Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Pine Valley Retirement Home, 90210, Part 2

Last time on Pine Valley Retirement Home, 90210:

"What? Your telling me this after 53 years of marriage to Frank? How could you? Was I not woman enough to get him myself?"

"No, no, you were. But I thought I might help." Darlene took a sip of her water and swallowed her daily medicine.

"Stella, I'm sorry, please stop. Can't we try to talk this over?" Stella stopped and turned around.

"Darlene, I'm sorry, but you know how I react when it comes to Frank. Friends?"
The two friends went to smoke across the street, after Darlene charged her batteries.

"You know, I did date Joe first." Darlene looked up from her smoke and stared at Stella.

"Is that so?" Darlene said with a shaky hand, worried that Stella let Darlene have Joe.

"Yeah and I told him that I couldn't date him with you drooling over him whenever you saw him. So I cut if off." Darlene thought back. Is Stella right? I talked about him all the time.

"No...I...I don't believe you." Darlene blew out some smoke and looked down at her feet.

"I swear Darlene, at one point I thought you needed every guy I had or liked. Remember when we didn't talk to each other for a month?...You know, I didn't let you have Joe. I just couldn't stand you waiting for him to be free. And anyway, it wasn't really working out. You won him, you know. You fought and it looks like to me you stuck with it, Darlene. And you haven't left him, even after him passing away. Widows these days date, which I think is crazy. You can only marry once, Darlene. We've done good."

"Yeah, your right. We shouldn't be fighting about that stuff. Thanks for understanding, Stella. Your a great friend." The two elderly ladies hugged and inhaled a puff of smoke.

"You know, were missing the end of 90210." The two slowly headed for there room to finish the show that started it all.

"Brenda, you bought that dress too? I'm going to look prettier than you and I'm also going to win Dylan back."

"Kelly, you know that he's not going to be there"

"Yeah? Well, we'll see about that..."

"
Stella, do you remember our dance?"

"Darlene, don't start."


No comments: