Saturday, August 19, 2006

Dance With Me

"Please dance with us," said a camper from the all girls camp. The girls were having their Friday night good-bye dance. "Please, just one song, Robin?" Robin didn't move. Maddie, a cabin mate, came to help.

"Come on, Robin. Dance with Taylor and me. Please?" Taylor and Maddie took both of Robin's hands and leaded her to the 'dance' floor. As Taylor and Maddie danced, Robin stood and watched the girls have a good time.

"Okay, Robin, " Taylor said, as she took her hands, "At least move your hands to the beat. "

"And move your feet a little, " said Maddie. Taylor let go of Robin's hands and they fell back to were they were found.

"Please Robin? If you dance to just one song, you will make my week so much better. Please?" Robin looked down at her feet. Slowly, she began to sway from side to side.

"Woo! That's it! Keep doing that. Maybe add some feet or hand movement. Great! Now, you're a pro!" The song was over and Robin went back to her seat. Taylor followed.

"Thank you so much for dancing with me. You have made my week so better. Thank you." Taylor got up and went to dance again with her friends.

The next morning, Taylor saw Robin standing alone with her bags, waiting for her father.

"Hey Robin. Did you sign my book? I don't think you did. Here." Taylor handed the shy girl her autograph book. Robin handed it back. "Thanks. I've got to go say bye to some friends. See you later. Tell me when your leaving, okay?"

Minutes passed and girls continued to leave.

"Taylor," Robin said when she passed, "I'm leaving now." Taylor walked over.

"Okay, well, umm..e-mail me when you get home okay? I'll do the same. " The girls hugged and Robin went to her car. "Bye Robin." Taylor said, giver her friend one last hug.

"Bye."

While on her way home, Taylor read all her comments from her friends she had met at camp. At the fifth page, Taylor noticed writing in a blue gel pen.

Taylor,
I had fun dancing with you. Thanks for the fun night. Robin


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's perfect, LP. It felt very real. I love how Taylor liked her even though she was too shy to show much interest in return.

Ginny Warth said...

Thank you Jason. The girl I wrote the story about (Robin) is a good friend of mine now. I am very fortunate to have met her.

briliantdonkey said...

Great story LP.

Great job of showing the shyness of your character.

BD