Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Saying Good-bye

When you make new friends,
Don'’t you keep the old?
That'’s what teachers say,
Mums and Dads too.

But when a friend meets someone new,
Your world of friends can change.
They may be there when it'’s tough,
But sometimes they'’re not.

Best doesn'’t mean forever
But friends doesn'’t mean silence.
A friend should be a shoulder for rest
And always a phone call away.

But when school starts this year,
Things will change.
So keep in mind,
She may be gone forever.

Just be careful you don't make someone feel the same.

3 comments:

Marcail said...

LP, I feel your pain. I have said goodbye to many friends over the years. We intend to stay in touch, but gradually the line goes dead. I have a few old friends I can pick up with anytime like it was only yesterday. I wish you the same.

Ginny Warth said...

Thank you, Gammy. Sorry for you losses

briliantdonkey said...

Hi LP:

I haven't been by in quite a while, but just dropping in to say hello. I think many of us go through this situation especially as we get older and it never gets any easier. That said, it makes you appreciate the really good friends you have. The ones that 10 or 15 years from now you will look back on and tell someone "yeah, I have known (enter persons name here) for 15 years now."
Take care and tell your mom Hello on behalf of the rest of the blog world.

BD