Saturday, September 09, 2006

Fabulous

"Hey. What are you doing?"

No answer.

"Hello? Nevermind. I'm Catherine, you are?"

"Why are you talking to me?" he asked.

"What are you talking about? I was just trying to be nice, you know, make you feel welcome here. It's a big school isn't it? You'll get used to it." Catherine said leaning on the back of her chair.

"I hate what you're wearing, I hate your hair and your make-up. That's what I'm talking about."

"Why you little punk!" Catherine said, getting up from her seat, "Excuse me for trying to make conversation with you! What is your problem?"

"I just don't like what you're wearing or you hair or your make-up." he repeated, taking a bite out of his sandwich, "My name's Gavin by the way. Gavin Marsh. I really hate your clothes. U-G-L-Y" Gavin spelled.

"Whatever. I have to go. And sorry again, for trying. I have to go find out who my Peer Pal is." Catherine said, walking for towards Student Services.

Student Services

"
Hey, Mary. I was wondering who my little grade seven pal is."

"Hello. We're very happy to have you with us again this year! Let me just check. Whoever it is, your fist meeting is Monday at 10." Mary went to her desk and pulled out a file. "This year your 'little friend' is..." She put her glasses, and pulled the papers close to her face.

Please don't be the little punk. Please, God.

"
It is Gavin..." Please God... "Gavin Marsh."

With a sarcastic smile, Catherine muttered, "Great."

4 comments:

Marcail said...

I enjoyed your story. It's interesting to get an idea of school life today.

Ginny Warth said...

School these days is totally different than from what it used to be. But it isn't like in the movies. What happened in this story has probably happened to someone at school a few times.

Anonymous said...

Man, Gavin needs to chill out.

I can totally relate to your character's luck! Yeah, that would be me.

SuperMomNoCape said...

This is a nice piece of flash fiction, littlepuddle. Love that twist at the end.